My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.kdmcgregor.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

vmware 2.0

I finally upgraded to vmware 2.0 on my debian file server.I'm loving it. It uses a web interface.
One thing I like about it is that your mouse moves from the host computer to the virtual machine.In the older version of vmware, when your mouse was in the virtual machine you had to type a control sequence to go back to the host machine.
When you install vmware 2.0 and start it, you have to enter a user name and password. The default will be the administrative credentials for the host machine (root for Linux). You may need to install a plugin in the browser to start the vm.

I am going to need more memory.

No comments: