My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.kdmcgregor.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

DMZ and you

As I mentioned before I am in the process of creating my personal website. This website will be hosted on my machine in my basement. My network infrastructure at work involves a router that lies between the Internet and my computers ( 5). To host a web server, or even a game server usually requires enabling the DMZ on your router. This is not a secure option. As not only I expose my web server to the outside world, but my other computers.
One option is to use two routers . Use one router for my web server which will have a DMZ, and use the other router for my other computers. See this article for more information. This scenario provides for a secure infrastructure.

No comments: